Backorder Domain Names with BackorderZone.com

Backorder Domain Names with BackorderZone.com
Backorder Domain Names with BackorderZone.com

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sub-Domains For SEO Is No Good by Jon Waraas

I used to use sub-domains a ton for my websites, since Google used to treat a sub-domain like its own website it was pretty easy to rank sub-domains for small terms. I would do the link building work for each subdomain ( keyword.domain.com ) and then rank the sub-domains for long tailed keywords. Well Google recently changed something to make it harder to rank sub-domains for search terms, so 2 weeks ago I switched 3 of my websites over from the sub-domain way to a normal link structure like domain.com/keyword.php.
It took me 1 whole day per website to get everything changed over including the 301 redirect work, server dns changes, updating the links within the site, etc. I then did a bunch of link building work after making the changes and as of today I have doubled my traffic for those 3 websites and also double my revenue (Jan is killing Dec revenue wise :) ). I am still not even half way done with the link building work, so that is good news :)
But anyways I am not sure why Google changed how they look at sub-domains, but I suggest that you change over any website that rely on sub-domains for SEO, I would switch over to the normal link structure way, it has doubled my traffic.
Anyone have any experience with your sub-domains losing there SERP’s ranking recently?


Backorder Domain Names at http://www.BackorderZone.com FREE to Join!

1 comment:

  1. This is great, That's a great website. This information you give us is great.
    The best hotel rooms

    ReplyDelete